Easy Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (1 and 3/4) oz package powdered pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine strawberries and sugar, stirring well.
- Let stand for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine pectin and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Pour pectin mixture over strawberry mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour jam into jelly jars or frozen food containers, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Cover at once with lids, then cool at room temperature.
- To store refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year.
- Serve with biscuits, pancakes, French toast or over ice cream.