|2 1/4 cups flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 stick cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch cube|
|1/3 cup ice water|
|1 tbs white vinegar|
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter, then add the salt, egg, ice water, and vinegar, then knead to combine well.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Place chilled dough on a floured surface and using a large cookie cutter or a bowl, cut circles in the dough, cover and set aside.
- When ready to make the empanadas place a tbs or 2 in the center of the dough circles, fold over and seal with the tines of a fork.