- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch cube
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter, then add the salt, egg, ice water, and vinegar, then knead to combine well.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Place chilled dough on a floured surface and using a large cookie cutter or a bowl, cut circles in the dough, cover and set aside.
- When ready to make the empanadas place a tbs or 2 in the center of the dough circles, fold over and seal with the tines of a fork.