Espresso Barbecue Sauce
- 4 tbs garlic,crushed or pressed
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups honey
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 demitasse cups espresso or strong coffee
The espresso in this recipe gives the sauce a rich deep flavor.
- In a sauce pan add the oil and heat to medium, then add the garlic and onions and saute until slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and mix well.
- Simmer on low heat for 1 hour. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.