- 1 lb founder fillet, sliced thin into 2-3 inch medallions
- 1/2 cup yuzo juice (available at Asian markets)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup salmon roe
- 2 tbs black sesame seeds
- 1 tbs Italian parsley, chopped
- 3-4 fresh radishes, thinly sliced
- kosher salt to taste
- optional garnishes: salmon roe, black sesame seeds, edible flowers
Crudo for a lack of a better description is Italian sashimi.
- Cut flounder fillet in half lengthwise.
- Using a very sharp knife slice thin equal sized medallions of the flounder and place on 4 individual plates or on a large serving platter.
- In a bowl add the yuzu juice and drizzle in the olive oil while mixing with a whisk.
- Season the fish lightly with kosher salt, then drizzle the dressing over each piece of fish.
- Garnish artfully with radish and basil leaves.
- You may use optional garnishes if desired.