Flounder with Lemon Caper Sauce
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|4 skinless local flounder fillets (about 6 oz each)|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp butter|
|2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed|
|3/4 cup chicken stock|
|3 tbs capers, rinsed|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbs fresh flat leaf parsley, minced|
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flounder fillets with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fillets in the pan and cook, turning once, until the fish flakes easily, about minutes for each side.
- Transfer the fillets to individual plates or a serving platter, cover and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the stock, scraping to loosen any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the capers and lemon juice, then cook the sauce until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, then pour over the fillets and serve at once.