Foil Grilled Sausage and Peppers
|8 hot or sweet Italian sausages|
|1 yellow bell pepper, sliced|
|1 red bell pepper, sliced|
|2 red onions sliced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 tsp fennel seeds, crushed|
|4 cloves garlic, crushed or pressed|
|extra virgin olive oil for drizziling|
- Preheat a grill to medium high.
- Lay out 4 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on a flat surface.
- Cut the sausages in half lengthwise and place 4 halves cut side down in the center of each piece of foil.
- Divide the bell peppers and onion among the 4 sheets of foil. Divide the garlic and place some in each packet.
- Season with salt pepper and fennel seeds, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bring the short ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal, then fold in the sides to seal, leaving room for steam.
- Place packets on the grill and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest a few minutes, then open carefully .