French Toast with Honey Orange Sauce
|8 (3/4 inch) slices of French bread|
|4 eggs beaten|
|1 cup milk|
|1 tbs sugar|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/4 tsp ground cinnamon|
|2 tbs butter, divided|
|1 cup orangejuice|
|2 tbs honey|
|2 tsp cornstarch|
|1 tsp grated orange rind|
|1/8 tsp ground ginger|
|1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained|
- Place the bread in a large baking dish, then combine the eggs and the next 4 ingredients, beat well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, then turn slices over to coat.
- Melt 1 tbs butter in a large skilled over medium high heat.
- Arrange 4 slices of bread in skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Repeat the process with remaining 1 tbs of butter and bread slices.
- For the orange sauce combine the orange juice, honey, cornstarch, grated orange rind and ginger.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly, then add the mandarin oranges.
- Drizzle sauce over the French toast.