Fresh Fish Sticks
|3 lbs firm white fish fillets, cut into strips 2 inches long by 1/2 inch wide|
|1 cup flour|
|2 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 cup seasoned bread crumbs|
|4 eggs, beaten|
|vegetable oil for frying|
These fish sticks are far superior to the frozen variety, thick with fish and fresh flavor.
- Combine flour and cracked pepper and salt on a large plate, then pour bread crumbs on to another plate.
- Dip fish sticks in egg, then roll in bread crumbs, pushing crumbs into fish, then dip into flour, shaking off excess.
- Refrigerate fish sticks for one hour before frying.
- Fill a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Fry fish sticks in batches if necessary for 5-7 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper towels and serve with tartar sauce.