- 3 lbs firm white fish fillets, cut into strips 2 inches long by 1/2 inch wide
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
These fish sticks are far superior to the frozen variety, thick with fish and fresh flavor.
- Combine flour and cracked pepper and salt on a large plate, then pour bread crumbs on to another plate.
- Dip fish sticks in egg, then roll in bread crumbs, pushing crumbs into fish, then dip into flour, shaking off excess.
- Refrigerate fish sticks for one hour before frying.
- Fill a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Fry fish sticks in batches if necessary for 5-7 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper towels and serve with tartar sauce.