Fresh Fruit with Ginger Sauce
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 plums
- 1 cup raspberries
- 4 strawberries
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
This is a delicious sauce that is easily prepared in a microwave oven. It goes well with chocolate cake, rice pudding, poached pears or an apple tart.
- Put the ginger and half and half in a microwave safe bowl and cook, uncovered on high for 2 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and the flour and stir into the ginger mixture with a fork.
- Stir in the yolks until blended.
- Microwave uncovered on high, stirring every 15 seconds or until the sauce coats a spoon.
- Strain the sauce into a bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- Pit and slice the plums, then cut the strawberries in half.
- Add the fruit to the bowls, top with the sauce and mint sprigs.