|1 lb cleaned squid, cut into 1/2 inch rings, plus tentacles|
|1 cup condensed milk|
|2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
|2 tsp onion powder|
|kosher salt to taste|
|3/4 cup flour|
|3/4 cup cornstarch|
|vegetable oil for frying|
|Marinara sauce for dipping|
The use of the cornstarch flour combination makes this calamari very crispy.
- Whisk 1 cup of milk along with the garlic powder and cayenne.
- Add the calamari rings and tentacles and mix well.
- Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the cornstarch and flour along with the onion powder and salt.
- Dredge the calamari in the flour mixture.
- Fill a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees,
- Fry the calamari in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Season with kosher salt.
- Serve with a spicy marinara sauce for dipping.