- 2 croakers, cleaned
- 1 cup flour
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, then dredge the croakers in flour.
- Shake off excess flour, then dip fish in buttermilk and then dredge in the cornmeal.
- Fill a large saucepan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Fry the croakers for 5-8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- To eat just pick the meat away from the bones.
- Note: You may use the same recipe for any firm white fleshed fillets.