Fried Okra with Smokey Dipping Sauce
|smokey dipping sauce|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 tbs ketchup|
|1 tbs spicy brown mustard|
|1 tsp honey|
|1/2 tsp smoked paprika|
|dash of liquid smoke|
|vegetable oil for deep frying|
|2 lbs okra, tops cut off and halved lengthwise|
|2 large eggs, beaten|
|1 cup panko bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup ap flour|
|1 tsp Cajun sesoning|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
- Mix all ingredients for the smoky dipping sauce and combine well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or a large sauce pan filled 1/3 with oil to 350 degrees.
- Place okra and eggs in a large bowl, and toss until well coated.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add panko bread crumbs, flour, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake.
- Add half of the okra to the bag, seal bag and shake until okra is well coated.
- Place half the okra in the hot oil and cook for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining okra.