Gambas Al Ajillo (shrimp with garlic and olive oil)
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs garlic, minced|
|20 extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 chili de arbol, crumbled or 1 tsp red chili flakes|
|kosher salt to taste|
|fresh parsley, chopped for garnish|
This a wonderfully garlicky Spanish appetizer.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly to keep from burning, until golden. About 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and chilie de arbol to skillet and cook, tossing constantly, until shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add brandy and cook, continuing to toss constantly,1 minute more.
- Season with salt and garnish with fresh parsley.