Garlic Dill Pickles
|24 pickling cucumbers|
|15 sprigs fresh dill|
|2 whole heads garlic, cloves removed and peeled|
|4 tsp mustard seed|
|4 cups water|
|2 cups cider vinegar|
|2 tbs pickling or kosher salt|
- Wash cucumbers and pack in hot sterilized quart jars.
- To each jar add 15 sprigs fresh dill, 8 cloves of peeled garlic and 1 tsp mustard seed.
- In a large sauce pan, combine water, vinegar and salt, then heat to boiling.
- Fill jars leaving 1/2 inch at the top.
- Seal according to canning directions.
- Process in simmering water bath at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Store without removing bands.