Garlic Dill Pickles
- 24 pickling cucumbers
- 15 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 whole heads garlic, cloves removed and peeled
- 4 tsp mustard seed
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tbs pickling or kosher salt
- Wash cucumbers and pack in hot sterilized quart jars.
- To each jar add 15 sprigs fresh dill, 8 cloves of peeled garlic and 1 tsp mustard seed.
- In a large sauce pan, combine water, vinegar and salt, then heat to boiling.
- Fill jars leaving 1/2 inch at the top.
- Seal according to canning directions.
- Process in simmering water bath at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Store without removing bands.