Gingered Sweet Potatoes
|3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks|
|2 tbs freshly grated ginger root|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|1/3 cup butter, melted|
|1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg|
- Fill a large sauce pan with water and bring to a boiling point over high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, reduce heat to medium, cover and boil for about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then lightly oil a glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Arrange a layer of sweet potato across the bottom of the dish,then spread grated ginger evenly over sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the sugars over the top, then drizzle melted butter over the sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm.