Gingered Sweet Potatoes
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 tbs freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- Fill a large sauce pan with water and bring to a boiling point over high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, reduce heat to medium, cover and boil for about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then lightly oil a glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Arrange a layer of sweet potato across the bottom of the dish,then spread grated ginger evenly over sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the sugars over the top, then drizzle melted butter over the sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm.