Green Onion Pancakes with Hoisin Dipping Sauce
- 3 tbs sesame seeds
- 4 tbs hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 6 green onions
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4 tbs peanut oil
- Heat a frying pan without oil and toast the sesame seeds until golden brown. About 3 minutes.
- Mix the hoisin sauce with the sesame oil, then slice the green onions.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, egg, sesame seeds, 2/3 of the green onion, salt and 2 cups of water to form a smooth batter.
- In a frying pan, heat half the peanut oil and spoon batter into 3 inch circles.
- Cook in batches using medium heat until golden brown and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter adding more oil as needed.
- Garnish with the remaining green onions and serve with the hoisin dipping sauce.