Grilled Coffee Rubbed Sirloin Steak
|2 tbs dark coffee|
|1 tbs dark brown sugar|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|2 -3 lbs sirloin steak (4 steaks)|
This rub will work well on any cut of beef. The coffee gives it a bold spicy flavor. Recipe may be multiplied. If you prefer not to grill, you may cook steaks under a broiler.
- Pre-heat rill to high heat.
- Mix coffee with brown sugar and all of the other spices, and mix well.
- Generously sprinkle rub on both sides of steak, and gently rub in to meat.
- Grill on a hot grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove from grill when desired temperature is reached, remove meat from grill, loosely cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute in the meat.