Grilled Halibut in Tomato Basil Coulis
- 6 halibut steaks or fillets about 1 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except the fish and garnish in a blender and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Grill the halibut steaks over medium coals for 3 minutes, turn and continue grilling cooked to your preference.
- To serve place a pool of the couli on each plate and top with the halibut and garnish with basil leaves.