Grilled Rosemary Polenta with Goat Cheese
|8 cups chicken broth|
|2 cups finely ground yellow cornmeal|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup goat cheese, softened|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|sprigs of fresh rosemary, crumbled|
- Butter the sides and bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Heat the chicken broth in a large stockpot to a boil and slowly add the cornmeal.
- Whisk constantly after each small addition.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Fold in the salt, goat cheese, oil and pepper and pour into the baking dish.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut the polenta into small squares and brush with olive oil and a few leaves of fresh rosemary.
- Grill the polenta squares over medium coals for 2 minutes. Turn and continue grilling for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.