Hawaiian Turkey Sloppy Joes
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 cup diced onion|
|1/2 cup diced green pepper|
|1/2 cup diced red pepper|
|1 cup crushed pineapple in juice|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|2 tbs hoisin sauce|
|1 tbs teriyaki sauce|
|1 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|1 pint prepared deli coleslaw|
|4 hamburger buns|
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetable oil, onion and peppers . Cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, mix together the crushed pineapple, ketchup, hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, and minced ginger. Set aside.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan, break apart into small crumbles, and cook until lightly browned and fully cooked, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple mixture to the pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- While mixture cooks, lightly toast the buns.
- Scoop the meat mixture onto the buns, followed by a large spoonful of slaw.