Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
|2 lbs mushrooms|
|6 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 medium onions, chopped|
|1/2 cup celery leaves|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|1 cup sour cream for garnish|
|Chopped chives for garnish|
This is a wonderful soup and can not be compared to the canned varieties.
- Clean the mushrooms, the remove a little from the tough stem ends.
- Quarter the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and saute the mushrooms, onions and celery until golden.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1/2 of the mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 of the seasonings.
- Mix at high speed until blended.
- Repeat the procedure for the second portion.
- Reheat without boiling before serving.
- To serve place in individual bowls and garnish with sour cream and chives.