Homemade Egg Noodles
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and whole egg until light.
- Whisk in the water and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, place the flour in a mound, making a well in the center.
- Pour the egg mixture into the center of the mound, and stir until just combined.
- Divide the dough into thirds, then transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- With a rolling pin, roll out each part as thin as possible. (paper thin) Then let rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut into thin strips, then pull the noodles apart and shake of any excess flour. Lay out to dry.
- To cook, bring a large pot of broth or water to a rolling boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until tender. 3-5 minutes.