- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 3 green Thai, Serrano or cayenne chile peppers, stems removed
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Chile powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
This is a spicy curry sauce that can be used for meat, seafood or vegetables.
- Peel and coarsely chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- Cut the onions into large pieces and add to the bowl of a food processor along with the tomato paste, chilies, garam masala, coriander, garlic, salt, chili powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and water.
- Cover and process for about 5 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of the food processor as needed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, pulse a few times to break up tomatoes.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.