Indian Masala Curry Sauce
|3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped|
|2 small red onions, chopped|
|1 (6 oz) can tomato paste|
|3 green Thai, Serrano or cayenne chile peppers, stems removed|
|1 tbs garam masala|
|1 tbs ground coriander|
|3-4 cloves garlic|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp Chile powder|
|2 tsp brown sugar|
|1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/4 cup water|
This is a spicy curry sauce that can be used for meat, seafood or vegetables.
- Peel and coarsely chop the tomatoes and set aside.
- Cut the onions into large pieces and add to the bowl of a food processor along with the tomato paste, chilies, garam masala, coriander, garlic, salt, chili powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and water.
- Cover and process for about 5 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of the food processor as needed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, pulse a few times to break up tomatoes.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.