Indian Vegetable Patties
|1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels or frozen|
|1 medium carrot, grated|
|1 medium russet potato, peeled, grated|
|1/2 medium onion, minced|
|1/2 cup shredded spinach|
|6 tbs ap flour|
|1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed|
|1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1-2 jalapenos, seeded and minced|
|4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|2 top ground cumin|
|2 tsp curry powder|
|1 large egg beaten|
|1 tbs or more vegetable oil|
|chutney for serving, optional|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Mix the first 13 ingredients in a large bowl to blend, then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the egg, mixing well, then form 3 tbs of the mixture into a 3 inch diameter patty.
- Place on a large baking sheet, then repeat with remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook vegetable patties in batches until golden, about 4 minutes per side, adding more oil if necessary.
- Serve with yogurt and chutney.