Indonesian Satay Marinade
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- 1 tbs light brown sugar
- 1 tbs Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs Asian chili sauce
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This peanut flavored marinade is typically used for Indonesian style satay. The meat is marinated, cut into strips, threaded on bamboo skewers and cook over hot coals.
- Score the meat slightly and place meat in a shallow glass dish or in a zip lock plastic bag,
- Put all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor along with 2/3 cup of water and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a sauce pan, season with salt and pepper and heat gently, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool completely, then our over the meat of poultry and turn to coat.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- Cover or seal and let marinate in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours. Turn occasionally.
- Recipe may be multiplied.