Indonesian Satay Marinade
|1/2 cup peanut butter|
|4 scallions, chopped, white and green parts|
|4 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, chopped or grated|
|1 tbs light brown sugar|
|1 tbs Thai fish sauce|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs Asian chili sauce|
|1 large shallot, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This peanut flavored marinade is typically used for Indonesian style satay. The meat is marinated, cut into strips, threaded on bamboo skewers and cook over hot coals.
- Score the meat slightly and place meat in a shallow glass dish or in a zip lock plastic bag,
- Put all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor along with 2/3 cup of water and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a sauce pan, season with salt and pepper and heat gently, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool completely, then our over the meat of poultry and turn to coat.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- Cover or seal and let marinate in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours. Turn occasionally.
- Recipe may be multiplied.