Jamaican Jerk Chicken Skewers
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large purple onion, chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 lbs chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked for 30 minutes
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken and process in a blender for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and place in a glass baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Grill the chicken over hot coals for 10 minutes, turning once until cooked through.