Jamaican Jerk Burgers
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|1 tbs black pepper|
|1 tbs fresh thyme|
|1 tbs allspice|
|1 Scotch bonnet or habanaro pepper, minced|
|4 scallions, minced|
|1/2 lb ground beef|
|1/2 lb ground pork|
|4 slices Munster cheese|
|1 onion, sliced into 4 slices|
|1 tomato sliced into 4 slices|
|1 mango, peeled and sliced|
|4 sesame seed hamburger buns, toasted|
- Mix together spices, Scotch bonnet or habanero pepper and scallions to make the jerk seasoning.
- Add the beef and pork to a large bowl, then add 1/4 cup of the jerk seasoning and mix well with the meat. If you like it very spicy add more jerk seasoning.
- Store remaining seasoning for future use.
- Form the meat mixture into 4 patties and cook over hot coals to desired doneness.
- Toast buns over hot coals.
- Top burgers with a slice of cheese, onion, tomato and mango.