Jamaican Wet Jerk Rub
- 8 scallions, finely chopped
- 4-8 scotch bonnet or habanero peppers
- 2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs smoked paprika
- 4 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbs fresh basil
- 1 tbs fresh ginger
- 3 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 tsp each, allspice, cinnamon, ground cloves, cumin, nutmeg, black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1-2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
Rub meat all over with the jerk paste and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours before cooking. You may add more hot pepper if desired.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until a smooth paste forms.
- Cooking meats over hot coals is the preferred way, however you may also cook in the oven.