Jicama and Pineapple Salad with Baby Spinach and Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs minced shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (6 oz) package baby spinach, stems trimmed
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into 3 inch long matchstick size strips
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Whisk first five ingredients in a small bowl to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper, then combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat, then divide salad among 4 plates.