Key West Clams
|2 dozen little neck clams|
|1 stick of unsalted butter|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|juice from 2 lemons|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|4 cloves garlic, smashed|
|1 small onion, minced|
|1 stalk celery, minced|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped for garnish|
These clams are pan roasted in a garlicky, savory lemon, butter and white wine sauce.
- Rinse clams under cold water and scrub clean.
- Add, butter and olive oil to a large saute pan with a cover and heat using medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions and celery and saute until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Once the vegetables are soft add the lemon juice, white wine and oregano and reduce by about 1/3.
- Add the clams, cover and cook until the clams have opened. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Remove the clams from the broth and add to a large bowl or individual bowls and pour the pan juices over.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.