- 2 dozen little neck clams
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
These clams are pan roasted in a garlicky, savory lemon, butter and white wine sauce.
- Rinse clams under cold water and scrub clean.
- Add, butter and olive oil to a large saute pan with a cover and heat using medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions and celery and saute until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Once the vegetables are soft add the lemon juice, white wine and oregano and reduce by about 1/3.
- Add the clams, cover and cook until the clams have opened. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Remove the clams from the broth and add to a large bowl or individual bowls and pour the pan juices over.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.