Key West Oysters
|1 dozen oysters on the half shell|
|1/2-3/4 cup butter, melted|
|4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed|
|3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, grated|
|Lemon wedges for serving|
This is a super simple delicious way to serve oysters on the half shell. These oysters are topped with garlic butter and Gruyere cheese, then grilled over charcoal.
- Open oysters retaining as much juice as possible.
- Melt the butter in a micro wave, then add the minced garlic.
- Pour the butter mixture over each oyster, the top with the grated cheese.
- Place the oysters directly over a hot charcoal fire and cook for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Tip: To open oysters easily and them to a pan with about 1 inch of boiling water, when you see the shells open slightly, remove and open.