|2 lb boneless lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1 tbs oil|
|1/3 cup flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 1/2 cups beef stock|
|3/4 cup dry red wine|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|6-8 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|4 small onions, quartered|
|4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2-3 potatoes, peeled and cubed|
- Sprinkle meat with sugar.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown meat in hot oil.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, beef stock, wine and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer covered for 45 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables, cover and cook for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.