Latin Shrimp and Lobster in Tomato Sauce and Beer
|1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on|
|1 lb lobster tail, cut into 2 inch chunks|
|1 large Spanish onion, diced|
|5-6 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 small bunch cilantro, with stems and leaves, diced|
|1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 red bell pepper chopped|
|2 tsp Goya adobo seasoning|
|1-2 tsp cumin|
|1 (12 oz) can tomato sauce|
|1 (12 oz) can beer|
|2 cups cooked white rice|
|1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Cilantro leaves for garnish|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Set aside. Remove the lobster tail meat from the shell and cut into 2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the rice.
- In a large saute pan add the olive oil and using medium high- heat, saute the onions, bell peppers, Serrano peppers and garlic.
- Saute for about 3 minutes or until the onions are clear and the peppers are slightly soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, beer and minced cilantro and allow to cook down using medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and add the adobo seasoning and cumin, and adjust as necessary.
- Add the shrimp and lobster and cook until shrimp is pink and the lobster is just cooked through. 3-4 minutes.
- Re-taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- Serve over white rice, and garnish with cilantro leaves.