- 2 1/2 cups ap flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups water
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tbs white sesame seeds
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds
- 1 tbs coarse salt
These crackers are very adaptable to a wide variety of toppings from black and white sesame seeds, coarse salt or crushed nuts and grains.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together, flour, sugar and salt.
- Add water, 1 egg white and melted butter then mix well to make a stiff dough. Knead until dough is smooth, about 5 minutes. Alternatively a stand mixer works best.
- Divide dough into 10 balls, then roll each ball on a lightly floured surface until paper thin.
- Place on un-greased baking sheet and brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds and coarse salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until browned.