|2 1/2 cups ap flour|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp salt|
|2/3 cups water|
|1 egg white|
|2 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
|2 egg whites, beaten|
|1 tbs white sesame seeds|
|1 tbs black sesame seeds|
|1 tbs coarse salt|
These crackers are very adaptable to a wide variety of toppings from black and white sesame seeds, coarse salt or crushed nuts and grains.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together, flour, sugar and salt.
- Add water, 1 egg white and melted butter then mix well to make a stiff dough. Knead until dough is smooth, about 5 minutes. Alternatively a stand mixer works best.
- Divide dough into 10 balls, then roll each ball on a lightly floured surface until paper thin.
- Place on un-greased baking sheet and brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds and coarse salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until browned.