Leek and Potato Puree
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup warm whipped cream
- Add to the potatoes thyme and garlic to a large sauce pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes,
- Drain and mash the potatoes and garlic using a potato ricer or food mill
- Add the cream and the rest of the butter and stir with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the leek and parsley and continue to stir until well combined.