Mango Ice Cream
|4 large ripe mango's, peeled and diced|
|3 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 cups sugar|
|2 cups half and half|
|1 cup whipping cream|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tbs fresh lime juice|
|2 tbs pure vanilla extract|
- Puree mango in a food processor, then refrigerate.
- Combine eggs, sugar, half and half, whipping cream and salt in a heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring constantly until mixture nearly boils. Keep from boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and vanilla.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the chilled mango puree, then pour into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers directions.