Mango Ice Cream
- 4 large ripe mango's, peeled and diced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tbs pure vanilla extract
- Puree mango in a food processor, then refrigerate.
- Combine eggs, sugar, half and half, whipping cream and salt in a heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring constantly until mixture nearly boils. Keep from boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and vanilla.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the chilled mango puree, then pour into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers directions.