|1 package manicotti shells|
|1 lb ricotta cheese|
|1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley|
|1 cup Parmesan cheese|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|5 cups Mozzarella cheese, divided, 1 cup for the topping|
|6 cups of you favorite tomato sauce|
- To make the filling, blend the ricotta, eggs, parsley, Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste/
- To assemble, spread the bottom of a 9×12 baking pan with tomato sauce.
- To each manicotti tube fill with the ricotta mixture, the place rolls side by side in the pan. Rolls should fit snugly but not too tight.
- Cover manicotti generously with sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Note: There is no need to par cook the noodles in boiling water.