- 1 package manicotti shells
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 cups Mozzarella cheese, divided, 1 cup for the topping
- 6 cups of you favorite tomato sauce
- To make the filling, blend the ricotta, eggs, parsley, Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste/
- To assemble, spread the bottom of a 9×12 baking pan with tomato sauce.
- To each manicotti tube fill with the ricotta mixture, the place rolls side by side in the pan. Rolls should fit snugly but not too tight.
- Cover manicotti generously with sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Note: There is no need to par cook the noodles in boiling water.