- 1 quart cool spring water
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 up maple syrup
This brine is especially designed for salmon or other seafood that will be hot smoked over wood and charcoal. It will make you fish or seafood very moist and wonderfully smokey.
- In a large covered plastic container add the water, kosher salt, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Add the salmon or seafood , cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Remove from brine and pat dry.
- Smoke salmon or seafood over wood and charcoal at 250 degrees or until desired doneness is achieved.