Marinated Asian Chicken
- 12 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cups dry sherry
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cup plum jelly
- 12 scallions, minced, white and green parts
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool , then pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken on greased cookie sheets and bake uncovered for one hour to 90 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.
- Be sure to baste the chicken frequently with the reserved marinade.