Marinated Asian Chicken
|12 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1 cup soy sauce|
|3/4 cups dry sherry|
|1 cup hoisin sauce|
|3/4 cup plum jelly|
|12 scallions, minced, white and green parts|
|6 garlic cloves|
|3/4 cup cider vinegar|
|1/2 cup honey|
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool , then pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken on greased cookie sheets and bake uncovered for one hour to 90 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.
- Be sure to baste the chicken frequently with the reserved marinade.