Marinated Barbecued Turkey Breast
|1 cup vegetable 0il|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|1/4 cup lime juice|
|1 tbs chili powder|
|1 tbs sage leaves, chopped|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp black pepper|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|3-4 lb boneless turkey breast|
- Mix together all ingredients except the turkey.
- Place the turkey in a large glass pan and pour the marinade over.
- Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Turn the turkey breast often as it marinates.
- Grill the turkey breast, skin side down over medium- high coals for 6-8 minutes, or until the skin is golden and crisp.
- Turn over and and baste with some of the marinade.
- Arrange the coals slightly to reduce the heat and cover the turkey breast with aluminum foil.
- Grill for 40-50 minutes over medium coals or until the turkey is completely cooked through.
- Alternatively you may cook the turkey in a 350 degree oven for 90 minutes or until the temperature registers 165 degrees.
- Let stand for 20 minutes before carving