Mexican Seafood Cocktail
|1 cup tomato juice|
|1/2 cup clam juice|
|1/4 cup ketchup|
|2 tbs cilantro, chopped|
|1/2 cup fresh lime juice|
|4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed|
|1/2 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|1/2 lb octopus tentacles, cooked and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces|
|1/2 lb calamari, cooked and sliced into rings|
|1/2 lb lump crab meat|
|2-4 tsp red pepper flakes|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is the classic Mexican seafood cocktail that contains shrimp, calamari, octopus and crab bathed in a citrus tomato sauce.
- Add the octopus to boiling water and cook for 1 hour.
- Add the shrimp and calamari to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all the seafood to a large glass bowl, including the crab.
- In another glass bowl add the tomato juice, clam juice, ketchup, onions, cilantro, garlic, bell pepper, and lime juice. Mix well then season with salt pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the seafood, cover and let chill for several hours.
- Serve in martini glasses or other attractive glass ware.