Mexican Seafood Cocktail
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 lb octopus tentacles, cooked and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb calamari, cooked and sliced into rings
- 1/2 lb lump crab meat
- 2-4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is the classic Mexican seafood cocktail that contains shrimp, calamari, octopus and crab bathed in a citrus tomato sauce.
- Add the octopus to boiling water and cook for 1 hour.
- Add the shrimp and calamari to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all the seafood to a large glass bowl, including the crab.
- In another glass bowl add the tomato juice, clam juice, ketchup, onions, cilantro, garlic, bell pepper, and lime juice. Mix well then season with salt pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the seafood, cover and let chill for several hours.
- Serve in martini glasses or other attractive glass ware.