|2 cups heavy cream|
|3 tbs cultured buttermilk or plain yogurt|
Crema is a tangy Mexican equivalent to French Creme Fraiche. It is a thick cream that is similar to our beloved sour cream but it won’t separate when heated. Makes 2 cups.
- In a bowl mix together the heavy cream and buttermilk.
- Loosely cover and let stand at room temperature for 12 hours.
- The mixture will thicken and become acidic.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- The cream will become thicken further and become more tart.
- It will keep for up to 10 days.
- Serve over burritos, tacos,enchiladas etc.