Moroccan Lamb Burgers
|2 tbs olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 tbs pine nuts|
|1 tbs ground coriander|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|1 and 1/2 lbs ground lamb|
|4 tbs dried apricots, finely chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 pita breads, split lengthwise|
|shredded iceberg lettuce|
|For the Cucumber Mint Yogurt:|
|3/4 cup plain yogurt|
|1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced|
|1 tbs fresh chopped mint|
These Moroccan inspired lamb burgers are seasoned with garlic, pine nuts, coriander cumin and dried apricots and are served with a delicious cucumber and mint yogurt.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the pine nuts, and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the spices and cook them briefly, then cool the mixture slightly.
- Place the lamb, apricots and seasoning in a bowl, then add the cooled spice mixture and combine well.
- divide the mixture into four equal portions, then shape into patties.
- Prepare a barbecue, or broiler pan to cook the burgers.
- Brush the rack with a little oil and coo the burgers for 6-7 minutes on each side or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Mix together the yogurt, cucumber and chopped mint.
- Warm the pita bread.
- To serve place some lettuce and a burger in each pita pocket, then spoon some of the yogurt mixture over.