|1 lb ground lamb|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1/4 cup dry red wine|
|2 cups canned tomatoes, drained|
|1 medium eggplant|
|1/4 cup milk|
|1/4 cup feta cheese, grated|
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown lamb and drain excess fat.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg, onion, wine and tomatoes.
- Peel eggplant and slice crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange half of the eggplant slices in the bottom of an 8 inch square pan or a 1 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish.
- Top with half of the meat mixture, remaining eggplant slices and remaining meat.
- Bake at 375 degrees f0r 40 minutes or until the eggplant is tender.
- Beat eggs and milk together, then pour partially baked casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese, return to oven and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving, then cut into squares.