Mushroom Cheddar Bacon Burger
|1 1/2 lbs ground chuck|
|2 portobella mushrooms, gills removed|
|1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
|4 slices cheddar cheese|
|8 slices cooked bacon|
|1/2 red onion, sliced|
|4 hamburger buns|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Remove gills from mushrooms with a spoon, then marinate mushrooms for 30 minutes in Worcestershire sauce. (reserving 1 tbs)
- Combine mayonnaise, remaining Worcestershire, mustard, parsley and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade and grill. (discard unused marinade)
- Grill the mushrooms until cooked through, then slice in 1/4 inch slices.
- Form ground chuck into 4 patties.
- Season with salt and pepper and grill.
- Just before burgers reach desired doneness, top with cheese and grill until cheese melts.
- Generously spread bun with flavored mayonnaise, top burgers with red onion, mushrooms and bacon.