Mushroom Goat Cheese and Pepper Panini
|2 tbs plus 2 tsp olive oil|
|2 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed|
|4 cups spinach leaves|
|red pepper flakes|
|2-3 roasted red peppers|
|1 yellow bell pepper|
|2 ciabatta sandwich rolls|
|8 oz goat cheese softened|
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to the pan, then add the spinach, red pepper flakes and saute until wilted. About 60 seconds. Set aside.
- Roast peppers over and open flame until charred, then place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for about 5 minutes.
- Peel away the charred skin, then halve the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Cut the ciabattas in half and toast in a skillet.
- Spread the goat cheese on the bottom half of each ciabatta.
- Place the cooked spinach on top, then the mushrooms and peppers.
- Add the top half of ciabatta and serve.