- 6 cups of mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon peel, grated
- butter lettuce leaves for serving
- In a large sauce pan, heat water and lemon juice to boiling.
- Add mushrooms, reduce heat, simmer for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except for the lettuce leaves.
- Add mushrooms, toss lightly, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to allow flavors to marry.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.