- 3/4 cup pitted and drained Kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup drained pimento stuffed olives
- 1 1/2 cup giardiniera salad (jarred pickled cauliflower, carrots, onions and peppers) available at Italian markets
- 3/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 whole anchovy filets in oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbs brined capers, drained
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This olive salad is typically used on the famous muffuletta sandwich in New Orleans. It is rich in flavor and well suited for other sandwiches as well as serving just as is.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before using.