Old Fashioned Tomato Pie
|2 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts|
|3 tbs butter|
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1 cup green pepper, diced|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup milk|
|1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded|
|2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake pie crusts in pie plates until golden. 5-7 minutes.
- In a skillet melt butter and saute onion, green pepper and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs, then stir in milk, cheese and sauteed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange an equal number of tomato slices in the bottom of the pie crusts.
- Divide egg mixture in half and pour over the tomatoes.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle come out clean.
- Let pies stand a room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting,