Old Fashioned Tomato Pie
- 2 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake pie crusts in pie plates until golden. 5-7 minutes.
- In a skillet melt butter and saute onion, green pepper and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs, then stir in milk, cheese and sauteed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange an equal number of tomato slices in the bottom of the pie crusts.
- Divide egg mixture in half and pour over the tomatoes.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle come out clean.
- Let pies stand a room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting,