Pan Sauteed Kale
|1 bunch kale, cleaned, ribs removed, roughly chopped ( about 3/4 lb)|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup shallots, chopped|
|2 large cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful way to cook kale. By shocking the blanched kale in ice water it retains a wonderful color and is perfect for sauteing.
- Prepare an ice bath and set aside.
- Bring a medium sauce pan of generously salted water to a boil.
- Add the kale to the boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes, then transfer the kale to the ice bath, let sit for about 15 seconds, then drain.
- Squeeze the excess water from the kale using paper towels or a clean dish towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the kale, season with salt and pepper, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.